As we age, our skin will need different treatment. Are you looking for the best lotion for elderly skin? Here we have information that will help you to choose the right product.
Choosing the best lotion for elderly skin may be a hard task, as there are various things to consider before buying the lotion. The skin needs may change from time to time. Generally, the aging skin grows thinner and dries fast as one gets older. Aging skin is also prone to infections and other conditions. The skin becomes thinner, less supple and dries fast. If the skin is injured, it will take a long time to heal. In a nutshell, seniors are susceptible to various skin problems. So, it is crucial to have a lotion that is designed to take care of these problems.
Our Picks for Best Lotion for Elderly Skin
- Our Picks for Best Lotion for Elderly Skin
- What to consider when buying a lotion for the elderly
- Reviews for Best Lotions for Elderly Skin
- Tips for elderly skin care
What to consider when buying a lotion for the elderly
When you search online, you may wonder how to choose the best lotion for elderly skin. The truth is different people have different skin issues. When you choose the lotion for the elderly, you need to consider your skin type as well as the problems you have.
Generally speaking, lotions which contain emollients and oils that are ideal for dry skin. There are various emollients in the market today, but the common ones include plant oils, cocoa butter, Shea butter, and fatty acids. These ingredients can help maintain moisture and prevent further skin problems. Besides, you’d better choose the products which are made from natural ingredients.
Compared to cream or balms, lotions have a lightweight and smooth texture which is easier to absorb. The formula is suitable for layering if the skin is dry with bumps or clogged pores. However, you have very dry skin, you may need to top a layer of cream or balm on it. Besides, don’t forget to check the lotion ingredients to ensure that you are not allergic to any ingredient.
As you know, UV rays cause aging. Hence, you can choose a lotion with UVA and UVB protection during the day. You can also choose creams or lotions that contain antioxidants. Antioxidants help to absorb any radical that can cause damage to the skin as well. Vitamin E, C, and B3 are useful because they are easily absorbed into the skin.
The lotions that contain vitamin A are good on your skin. Vitamin A aids in the production of collagen fibers in your skin. The collagen makes the skin more elastic and removes wrinkles.
Before using any lotion, test it on a patch of the skin. You can put a small amount on the back of the palm and leave it for a few hours. Check the surface to see if there is any reaction. Don’t use the product if you develop some rashes or irritation.
At last, before buying the lotion, consider your budget. Choose one that is pocket-friendly and effective for your skin.
The best lotion for aging skin will help to reduce wrinkles on the skin but in different degrees. Some have toning and moisturizing benefits which helps the facial skin to look younger and fresh. Other lotions can be used on the whole body and don’t ignore the treatment for your body. If you feel difficult to apply the lotion on your back, you can buy a specific lotion applicator.
Just remember the best lotion for your elderly skin depends on your own condition and what you want for the skin. Below we will review those best lotion for the elderly and you can know which one suits you best.
Reviews for Best Lotions for Elderly Skin
1. Cetaphil Moisturizing cream, fragrance-free
This is always the best choice for elderly skin and a lot of dermatologists recommend it. Cetaphil Moisturizing cream is made for dry and sensitive skin. It contains a quality system of extra-strength humectants and emollients that are medically proven to prevent water loss. This offers dry skin long-lasting relief. The formula is non-greasy and ideal for moisturizing the whole body as well. It does not contain parabens, lanolins, and fragrances that may irritate your skin. If you have sensitive skin, you should go for it.
Also, the cream will offer lasting and intense moisture to replenish dry and sensitive skin. It can be used by those prone to eczema and very dry skin. It helps to soothe skin that is dry and itchy.
- It is formulated to prevent moisture loss and attract water to your skin.
- It is absorbed quickly and non-greasy, it cannot clog the pores.
- It has no fragrance, parabens, and lanolins.
- It is excellent for dehydrated and sensitive skin.
- It is formulated with mild ingredients.
- It hydrates the skin for up to 24 hours.
- The cream is non-irritating and hypoallergenic.
- It is very light
- It may not be valid on some skin types
- No extra functions.
2. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer
This is another popular lotion for the elderly. This product is formulated with active and plant-based ingredients which provide the user a youthful and healthier skin as it hydrates. The cream contains organic products which are ideal for the skin, for example, Vitamin E, Shea butter, green tea, jojoba oil, and Hyaluronic Acid. It is ideal for any skin type.
The moisturizer is multifunctional which works for controlling breakouts as well. Yes, you can use it with your daughter or granddaughter!
Moreover, the cream has a fresh scent derived from green tea and Aloe Vera, so it has no harmful substances. A lot of people like the scent.
The best part is it has an anti-aging formula and helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It offers maximum effectiveness without peeling, flaking or drying the skin. The lotion expires one year after opening.
- No oily residue is left after applying
- It improves uneven skin tone, texture, and overall complexion.
- Prevents the skin from acne, sun damage, scars, spots, and stretch marks
- It repairs, improves, and restores the skin and reveals its beauty.
- It has a light, pleasant smell and has no artificial fragrances.
- It is gluten-free and no parabens.
- The oil is only good for one year after opening.
- Retinol increases sun sensitivity
3. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
This is one of the best body lotions for the elderly on the market. As you know, sun rays will cause a lot of skin problems even cancer. Sometimes you may don’t want to apply another layer of sunscreen, right? You can use this body lotion with SPF 15 instead if you only go out for a while.
The Aveeno lotion contains rich emollients, soothing oat, and broad spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen. The cream moisturizes the skin the whole day and protects it from the harmful rays. The ingredients help to replenish and relieve dryness to make the skin healthier and smooth. It is medically proven to moisturize the skin and this brand is over 65 years old.
If you have oily skin, this one also fits you well. It is absorbed quickly and has a non-greasy formula. Besides, it has no added fragrance. Aveeno likes to use oat in their products. The oats help to soothe itchy and irritated skin and relieve dry skin.
- It contains 15 SPF sunscreen to prevent sunburn
- The lotion locks in moisture to prevent the skin from drying.
- It contains natural ingredients which replenish the skin
- It is ideal for dry skin
- It absorbs quickly and prevents the skin from the harmful rays.
- No added fragrance
- Not ideal for very sensitive skin
- The smell is not appealing
4. Thena Organic Anti-aging Face Moisturizer Cream
This is another multifunctional facial lotion for seniors. The moisturizer is made for dry and sensitive skin. It contains a lot of natural moistures such as Shea butter, hydrating coconut oil, vitamins, and rosehip. The facial lotion offers intense hydration and nourishes the skin generously. It can restore damaged skin, remove crow’s feet, help reduce dark circles and prevent sagging skin. The ingredients help to boost the elasticity of the skin.
Thena takes a lot of time on improving their anti-aging formula. This cream also works for reducing wrinkles, and fine lines leaving the skin healthy and youthful.
The lotion will make the skin supple, healthier and softer. It should be used for one year after opening.
- It contains anti-aging ingredients
- The moisturizer stimulates the production of collagen and elastin to tighten the skin.
- It protects the skin from free radicals and environmental toxins.
- It is smooth and gentle on the skin, hypoallergenic, and no parabens.
- The cream revitalizes skin that is dry or prone to acne.
- It has no fragrance and no harmful essence
- Retains moisture on your skin without clogging the pores
- The smell is not pleasant
- It may react on some skin types and cause breakouts
- No sunscreen included
5. Olay Quench Body lotion
If you are looking for a body lotion with good moisture effect, this Olay quench body lotion will not let you down. It contains vitamins E, and B3 and Shea butter with a non-greasy formula. It provides the skin with moisture the whole day which helps repair and replenishes the skin.
With continued use, you will experience smooth, soft, and strong skin. For seniors with dry skin, this one is a good fit. However, this body lotion is not paraben and fragrance-free.
- Has long-lasting moisture effect.
- It leaves the skin smooth, soft, and elastic.
- It replenishes the skin effectively
- It contains parabens
- The fragrance is too strong
6. Advanced Clinical Collagen Skin Rescue Lotion
Want to reduce wrinkles and fine lines? This lotion is designed for you. When you get old, the production of collagen reduces. The skin loses suppleness and plumpness. The skin starts to thin out leading to wrinkles and fine lines. Advanced Clinical Collagen Skin Rescue Lotion will help combat the aging process. It is formulated with Aloe Vera, Green tea, pure collagen, and chamomile. The moisturizer revitalizes the skin effectively. You can have a clear, plumper, and softer skin after a few days.
The lotion helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and saggy skin. You can use it under the neck, eyes, and hands. The formulation is ideal for the whole body as well. It is great for sensitive or dry skin.
- The jar has an easy to use a pump.
- It can be used for collagen injections or after surgical treatment.
- Good anti-aging effect. It helps to tighten, hydrate, moisturize, and strengthen the skin.
- It contains natural ingredients, making it safe for use.
- It is lightweight with a mild fragrance.
- It may react with very sensitive skin and cause breakouts.
- The pump may break if it is not used well.
Tips for elderly skin care
Avoid excessive skin scrubbing and hot baths. The bathing water should be warm; hot water will strip away the natural oils and moistures from the skin. We suggest you apply the facial lotion and body lotion immediately after showering. However, don’t do anything in a hurry. Always keep the bathroom safety in mind, you can use a shower wheelchair or bath lift to help you out.
In addition, alcohol-based products and harsh soaps will make your skin even dryer and you should avoid it.
Furthermore, fragrance-free moisturizers are always safer.
People want to look young and have good health. But, when we age, various changes take place on the skin. The skin of the elderly will become thin and fragile. Some seniors may even suffer from eczema, which makes the skin dry with scaly patches. It is essential to keep your skin hydrated and healthy. Also, don’t forget to protect yourself from harmful rays. The lotion is a kind of skin care product that you should use. The above are some of the best lotions for elderly skin that you can consider. Ensure that you choose a product they can work for your skin effectively.
Last update on 2019-07-17 at 06:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Nothing on this site should be construed as medical advice. This website is for informational purposes only. Mobilitywithlove.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk and affiliated sites. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.