Never stop walking. Finding yourself or your lover a best 4 wheel walker to bring him/her back to the beautiful world.
Compared to the traditional non-wheeled walker frames, 4 wheel rollators provide a great range of mobility and you don’t need to lift the walker when you need to move forward.
With the seat and basket involved, you can have a rest whenever you want and bring your personal belongings.
Hence, it will not slow you down and is a great choice for a long journey.
But please note that 4 wheel walkers are more suitable for seniors who still have relatively medium to high balance which means you don’t need to lean on the walker for balance.
- Best 4 Wheel Rollator in 2018
- Reviews of The Best 4 Wheel Walkers
- 1.Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Rollator Walker-The Most Comfortable Rollator
- 2.Drive Medical Four Wheel Rollator with Fold Up Removable Back Support-Best Budget
- 3.Medline Freedom Lightweight Folding Aluminum Mobility Rollator-Ultralight freedom rolling walker
- 4.Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat, Backrest and Saddle Bag-Sturdy and More Storage Space
- 5.Medline Heavy Duty Bariatric Mobility Rollator-Great heavy duty rollator
- 4 Wheel Walkers- Buyers’ guide
Best 4 Wheel Rollator in 2018
Reviews of The Best 4 Wheel Walkers
1.Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Rollator Walker-The Most Comfortable Rollator
This Drive Medical walker is a rollator with 10-inch wheels.With its European style, it looks fashionable and cool.
You may be wondering:
Will it work well for elderly or individuals with stability problems?
Yes. It does its job well.
It includes a few of features that you always want.
- Lightweight Aluminum Frame. Aluminum is famous for its lightweight and sturdiness. By using the aluminum frame, this rollator becomes an ideal choice for travel and outdoor activity. It is easy to lift.
- 10″ Casters. This big wheels will make your life more comfortable and relaxed. For someone who ever used a rollator before, you may have a problem to move on grass or gravel. Sometimes it could be a nightmare. With this 10″ front wheel, walking in the garden will come a breeze. Great maneuverability for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Build-in seat with a backrest. For individuals with the mobility problem, it would be a hard task to walk for a long period of time. This built-in seat is made of high-quality nylon and the backrest has a large pressed area. In fact, it is a comfortable fabric strap. They are ergonomically designed that you can sit on it for a long time.
- Removable zippered Storage Bag. The zippered bag in this 4 wheel rollator is a thoughtful design. It not only provides a place to store your personal belongings but keep your privacy.
- Adjustable height. The handles can be adjusted from 33.5 inch -38.25 inch to accommodate your body. The back support can also be modified to ensure you get the best support.
- Side-to-side folding. By implementing a cross-brace design, the 4 wheel rollator can be easily folded up while offering more stability.
- Inside brake system. A strong and sensitive brake system had been put inside the frame which can provide extra safety for the user.
With these fabulous features, this lightweight walker with seat and wheels become a great choice both for outdoor and indoor activity.
Whenever you want to go out for shopping or even for a traveling, you can easily to fold your Nitro and put in your vehicle.
When you arrive, you open it simply and with the big wheels, almost nothing can stop you.
When you feel tired, you lock the brake and lay on your seat. The seat is so comfortable that you can enjoy your relaxing sunbathing as long as you want.
Besides, if you care about the product appearance, Drive Medical company offers 3 colors: Grey, Red, and White.
You might be wondering:
It there anything can be improved?
Yes, if the zippered bag is at the back of this 4 wheel walker, it would be more convenient for you to pick up your personal belongings.
2.Drive Medical Four Wheel Rollator with Fold Up Removable Back Support-Best Budget
This Drive Medical four-wheel rollator provide all the basic features you need for a rollator.
It is a foldable walker with a seat as well.
Want to know the best part?
It is quite affordable.
Let’s get into details and to know what it can do for you.
- 7.5″ Wheels. This 4 wheel walker features a 7.5″ wheels. It is big enough for indoor and outdoor activity and can move smoothly on most of the terrains.
- Convenient handbrake design. You can control the brake easily by pressing or push down the lock.
- Adjustable handle height. Just like the Nitro one above, the height can be changed from 31″ to 37″.
- Wired basket. You can store everything you need in the basket if you have no privacy concern.
- Foldable frame. You can fold the rollator easily and it fits most of the cars.
- Padded seat and backrest. This feature ensures you will relax wherever you want.
All in all, this Drive Medical four-wheel rollator is a great choice as well.
Compared to the Nitro above, it has smaller wheels and the basket doesn’t have a zipper. In addition, the backrest may not as comfortable as the Nitro one.
However, this 4 wheel walkers is good enough for most people.
3.Medline Freedom Lightweight Folding Aluminum Mobility Rollator-Ultralight freedom rolling walker
As the name of this rollator suggests, it is a 4 wheel walker that will give you the freedom of mobility.
It has an ultralight aluminum frame and the weight is only 11.2 lbs. As the arm strength of seniors is relatively weak, this ultralight 4 wheel walker will not stress your body as others do. It would be easier to maneuver and lift to put into your car.
Now, you may doubt whether it is safe for elderly or people with disability?
Ultralight maybe the best feature of this model, but it also contains other important features as well. It is a 4 wheel walker with padded seat and backrest. The height can be modified to accommodates individuals from 4’11” to 6’4″. Even better, it has a storage bag underneath to provide privacy and security.
But, there are 2 limitations you should think about:
1.The weight limit is 250 lbs so it is not rollator for a big guy.
2.The size of wheels is 6″ which means it can only be used indoor or on flat ground.
4.Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat, Backrest and Saddle Bag-Sturdy and More Storage Space
Hugo elite rollator is a popular folding walker with seat and wheels.The steel frame in this model is very sturdy and proved durable.
The brake system is strong and the ergonomic hand grips make it easy for you to pause or lock the rollator.
Like other good 4 wheeled walkers, this Hugo one also features a padded seat and back support, the height of handle and seat is adjustable which can fit people from 4’3 to 6’2″.
For someone who needs more stability, it also a good wheeled walker to be chosen. The 8-inch wheels not only offer easy maneuverability but support your body well. It will not counteract your mobility either indoor or outdoor.
You have larger storage space than other rollators. In addition to the pouch under the seat, there is an extra saddle bag under the backrest.
This design is a godsend for people who need to carry many items.
Besides, the rollator has a tool-free assemble design so that setting up will be a piece of cake for you.
However, the weight is 18 pounds which is slighter heavier than some lightweight 4 wheel walkers.
5.Medline Heavy Duty Bariatric Mobility Rollator-Great heavy duty rollator
Heavy duty rollator is a kind of rollator has a bigger weight limit and specially designed for users has over 300 lbs weight or need more space.
In fact, they look almost the same as other rollator but has a more reinforced and wider frame.
This Medline one has a 500 lbs weight capacity which caters the need of people with obesity and other medical conditions.
The distance between 2 handles is 23.5″ that will provide enough space for your body.
Moreover, 8″ wheels will let walking on any terrains freely.
Nevertheless, as a bariatric rollator, it has a 26.7lbs product weight. Hence, it could be more difficult for someone to fold and move into the trunk.
But if you want to find an excellent extra wide bariatric walker, this one would be a good one to consider.
4 Wheel Walkers- Buyers’ guide
Choosing a good 4 wheel walkers can be a frustrating process. Every manufactures offer a lot of instructions with tons of parameters.
If you are not an engineer, it is easy to get confused. Besides, when you search online, it is hard to find a buyer’s guide. So, we are here to help.
What is 4 wheel walker?
4 Wheel Walker is a kind of walker with 4 large wheels. It will provide support for your body and will not slow you down. You don’t need you lift your walker like other walkers do. Just push it like push a cart.
Usually, a built-in seat and backrest has been included in the model so that you can take a break wherever you want. In addition, a rollator with the good design would be foldable. Hence, it would be a good choice for long trips.
Compared to 3 wheel rollator, 4 wheeled rollator has more stability.
However, it recommends using by individuals who have relatively good balance.
How to Choose a 4 Wheeled Rollator?
From our reviews above, you may already have an idea of choosing 4 wheel walker. In case you don’t read that part, we sum it up below.
- Sturdy and Foldable FrameStudry frame can provide strong and durable support for your body. For those who need to use a rollator outdoor, foldability becomes a must-have feature. Because you can put a foldable 4 wheel walker in your trunk or back of cars easily.
- Large WheelsLarger casters offer more stability and maneuverability. When you walk around or go for a long distance journey, larger wheels will ensure the rollator push over the uneven surface.
- Adjustable HeightFinding a comfortable rollator is very important. Therefore, adjustable height design will make sure you find the right height of rollator for yourself. Please read the information about height range carefully.
- Strong Brake SystemGiven that you should always put safety above all, a strong and sensitive brake system is crucial for a good wheeled walker. As you may need to push your rollator downhill, in this case, a good brake will prevent you from falling down.
- Ergonomic Hand GripsA carefully designed grip not only makes it easier for you to access brake but will not make your hands tired and itchy.
- Padded Seat and BackrestPeople with mobility problem are easy to get tired. With padded seat and backrest, you can take a break wherever you want.
- Storage SpaceInstead of wearing a backpack or asking someone to help you, putting all your personal belongings in the storage bag would be a better choice.
How to Measure for a 4 Wheel Rollator?
There are 3 measurements you should take.
- Handle height. Measure the height from the ground to the hip joint. This height should be the height of the handle bars.
- Chair height. Measure the height of the chair you feel comfortable and find the proper chair height when you select your rollator
- Doorway width. Even though you can fold your rollator, choosing a rollator can get in and out your house directly will save time and effort.
Last update on 2018-04-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API