Tired of visiting doctors because you often get sick? You drive for hours only to find that your blood pressure might be too high or low. Well, what if we tell you that you could easily remedy this at home! Monitoring your blood pressure has never been as easy as with the best wrist blood pressure monitor! How? Read ahead and find out!
Our Picks for Best Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors
- Our Picks for Best Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors
- What is Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor?
- How to Take Blood Pressure with Wrist Cuff:
- Pros and Cons of Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor:
- Best Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Reviews:
- 1. Omron 7-Series Wrist Monitor
- 2. Slight Touch Wrist Digital Blood Pressure ST-501 Fully Automatic
- 3. Care Touch Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor
- 4. MOCACuff Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor Wrist Cuff
- 5. Paramed Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- 6. BPM-337 by Iprovèn Blood Pressure Monitor Wrist
What is Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor?
It is a small digital device that measure your blood pressure at the wrist. This is because some people might not be able to use the standard blood pressure monitors on their arms or they might find these methods to be too painful. These devices can be a relief to these folks.
The standard wrist blood pressure monitor is equipped with a cuff that fits into most wrists and a digital device on the top. The device has various buttons that all perform different functions. Most devices allow you to store a number of readings in their memory so you can recall them later and check the differences in your health.
A major reason for their popularity has to be that they are cheaper, smaller, lighter and more discreet. You can use them in public without drawing any sort of attention to yourself. They are painless and provide much more comfort than an arm monitor. However, they can be quite tricky when it comes to operation.
How to Take Blood Pressure with Wrist Cuff:
Before you begin, we recommend reading your device’s manual for a more accurate description of how to take blood pressure with it. This is simply a general procedure. Taking blood pressure with a wrist monitor is quite simple and usually involves the following steps:
- Before you start, rest for 5 minutes and ensure your heartbeat is relaxed. Sit on a chair and place your feet flat on the floor. DO not cross them up.
- Remove fabrics away from your wrist. The most accurate results will be against the bare wrist.
- Put the cuff on. Ensure that the digital display side is on the inside of the wrist. Ensure that the cuff is properly wrapped around your wrist.
- Use a pillow or some other thing to put your wrist at level with your heart. Ensure that your palm is facing up.
- Press the power button or the Start button. This will turn the device on. Press it again to start the measuring process. However, you might want to select your profile if the device clocks in different users.
- Once you press start, the cuff will inflate and deflate. Do not move and do not talk. Keep yourself relaxed.
- Your reading will be on the screen.
- If your device has an advanced averaging system, you might want to take 2 more readings with a gap of 1-2 minutes. However, you should do that manually as well.
- Take your blood pressure at the same time every day.
- Record your readings and compare the changes in your activities and diet.
For more info:
Pros and Cons of Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor:
It’s clear that these devices have their advantages as well as their disadvantages. But which weighs more?
- These devices are painless and comfortable. Most folks who complain of pain use arm monitors which can be quite pressing. However, these do not hurt.
- They are easy to use and read since they have larger LCD Screens than most arm monitors.
- They are portable. The worst part about the arm monitors is that they are too bulky. You cannot travel with them and you definitely cannot use them in public without attracting unwanted attention to yourself. However, the wrist versions are much more compact and can be used in public.
- For those who cannot afford more costly medical equipment such as an arm monitor, the wrist monitor is a perfect It is cheaper and delivers the same kind of results as the arm one.
- Since the veins on the wrist are much narrower and are deeper, the results can get a bit inaccurate with these devices.
- They require you to take a reading when your wrist is at level with your heart. This can be an uncomfortable position for most folks. In addition to this, it is very hard to get the correct position. Any mistakes could result in inaccurate results.
Best Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Reviews:
1. Omron 7-Series Wrist Monitor
A name that we consider synonymous to the best wrist blood pressure is the Omron. The Omron Series 7 Wrist monitor is a highly reliable and clinically accurate monitor. The Monitor delivers highly accurate readings and instantly detects irregularities. What we loved was how easy it was to use as it automatically inflates when the wrist is at heart level. Not only this, but the indicator lights make it easy to know if the monitor is in the correct position. The unit is quick and silent as well which makes it easier to use it anywhere you want without attracting attention.
Also included is an Advanced Averaging technology that displays the average of the last three readings in 10 minutes for more accurate results. It even allows you to store and review about 100 readings so you can keep track of your blood pressure levels. We found the included blood pressure bar to be extremely helpful as it allows users to compare their blood pressure with the recognized normal one.
What’s unique is the truly sleek and slim design which means you can take it anywhere without anyone being the wiser! All in all, the wrist blood pressure accuracy is the major highlight of this exceptional gadget!
- High accuracy of monitoring blood pressure.
- Slim, discrete design.
- Quick and silent inflation.
- Easy to use.
- Allows you to store data and review it later.
- Can be a little uncomfortable.
- Cannot be used in the dark as it has no backlight.
2. Slight Touch Wrist Digital Blood Pressure ST-501 Fully Automatic
The Slight Touch Blood Pressure Monitor is an FDA Approved monitor with all the key features to help you get the most accu8rate results. The first thing you might notice is how easy the monitor is to use! It comes with an instructions manual that clears all aspects of operation for the user. Worried about having to buy another monitor for your partner? Well, the Slight Touch Monitor can store two persons’ blood pressure readings so you can easily check back your and your partner’s health status. It can store up to 60 readings for each person so you can review your health record easily.
The machine automatically averages the last 3 results for more accurate results. Furthermore, the blood pressure monitor indicates any irregularities in your heartbeat so you can keep check easily! It even has an indicator for low battery. Speaking of battery, the machine powers off automatically after a specific time of inactivity so your battery will last much longer.
The LCD Display is large so even senior citizens can read it with ease. With this best wrist blood pressure monitor, you can stay on top of your health and check your blood pressure regularly.
- Large display so everyone can read it.
- Averages 3 results for better accuracy.
- Can be used to store 2 persons’ data.
- Automatically indicates low battery and heartbeat
- Gives accurate results.
- No backlight.
3. Care Touch Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Cuff Monitor
Yet another FDA Approved Blood Pressure Monitor, the Care Touch Monitor ensures lightning fast yet accurate results. The best part about the Care Touch is the ergonomic comfort it provides to the users. The Blood Pressure Monitor features a large memory where it is able to store two persons’ data separately. It can store up to 90 readings of each person! This means you can share the device with your partner and still review your track record and theirs for a long time. This makes keeping track of your daily health record easier.
Also included with the gadget is a large LCD screen which makes the numbers easy to read. So, you don’t have to grab your reading glasses every time you want to check your Blood pressure. Another notable feature is perhaps how fast it can deliver clinically accurate results of heart beats per minute in less than a minute.
It even comes with a convenient carrying case which makes it easier to travel with. Since it is small, you can keep it in your purse, bag or even your pocket! Say goodbye to the days where you had to make a long trip to the nearest hospital just to check your Blood pressure. Now you can do so in the comfort of your own home.
- Large, easy to read LCD display.
- Portable and even comes with a carrying case.
- Delivers fast and accurate results.
- Stores data of two people.
- Comfortable and ergonomic.
- Comes with non-rechargeable batteries.
- No backlight.
4. MOCACuff Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor Wrist Cuff
The MocaCuff Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor is perhaps the best wrist blood pressure monitor in terms of technology. It does all that any simple monitor can and more! It measures your heart rate as well as the blood pressure accurately and quickly. The results are displayed on a large LCD screen. The best part is that the results are color-coded to help you determine whether your bpm and pressure are normal and fall into the guideline or not. This makes it easier for you to read the results.
The major highlight of this device is its Android/iOS app. The MOCACARE App is compatible with a range of devices and even Bluetooth. The app is excellent as it helps you get health recommendations by professionals from the American Heart Association to help improve your cardiovascular health. You can sync your device with the app in a single tap without needing any wires. While other devices merely show you the data from previous readings, this app helps you visualize the change in your health trends by generating graphs of the reading.
The app even allows you to export and share the results with the doctor! So, he can recommend you what’s necessary!
- Come with an iOS/Bluetooth/Android Compatible app.
- Helps you visualize health trends.
- Gives color-coded
- Allows you to share results with doctors.
- Consistent and accurate
- Not suitable for folks with bigger wrist sizes.
- The app can be a little buggy sometimes.
5. Paramed Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
When it comes to the best wrist blood pressure monitor, there is one name you simply cannot afford to miss! The Paramed Automatic Monitor for monitoring blood pressure is proficiently designed to help you get the most accurate readings. The device is very easy to use as it is quite simple. The Large LCD Display makes it easy to read. The manufacturers understand how uncomfortable it is to keep your wrist at your heart level. So, they designed this gadget to be quick. It takes reading in merely 30 seconds and requires you to press a single button to start.
It can measure and store 90 readings so you can easily compare the readings of previous days. This allows you to make healthy decisions and then check their effects in real time. The monitor comes with a durable plastic carrying case that allows you to take your blood pressure any place and any time! What’s more is that the company has a 30-day money back guarantee wherein if you are unsatisfied with the product, you can return it at a full refund.
All in all, the Paramed is a fast and accurate blood pressure monitor that will make being healthy much easier!
- Quick and fast results.
- 90 readings can be stored.
- Durable plastic carrying case.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Easy to read the screen.
- Fails to read if the arm is not properly positioned.
- Not suitable for those with bigger wrists.
6. BPM-337 by Iprovèn Blood Pressure Monitor Wrist
The Blood Pressure Monitor by Iproven is an easy to use and compact monitor. It has everything you could wish for. The device not only measures Upper blood pressure but also measures Lower Blood Pressure. Apart from that, it can help you measure your heart rate as well. How is it easy to use? Well, you need only press a button and voila! It starts measuring and gives you fast results. The monitor also helps you compare your heart rate and blood pressure with the guidelines of the AHA. The best part is that unlike others, you do not have to place your wrist near your heart to get an accurate result. Instead, you can place it anywhere and it would still give you accurate results.
It uses a new, innovative technology called the Measuring During Inflation Method which ensures fast and accurate results. The device comes with a built-in memory that allows you to take up to 60 readings.
Like the Paramed, the iProven is also backed by a 100-day money back guarantee. So, you can invest in this device without worrying about it not working!
- Measures Systolic, Diastolic as well as Heartbeats per minute.
- Uses new innovative technology to ensure accuracy
- Backed by a 100-day money back guarantee.
- Stores your results for 60 days.
- Does not require a specific position for your wrist to take measurements.
- Low quality plastic material.
- Inappropriate battery compartment spot.
The bottom line is a wrist blood pressure monitor can be your best friend when it comes to keeping healthy. So head out into the market and choose your best wrist blood pressure monitor! It can help you keep track of daily changes and helps you to visualize how your activities and your diet is affecting your health! Say Sayonara to doctor visits every week!
Last update on 2019-03-24 at 19:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Nothing on this site should be construed as medical advice. This website is for informational purposes only. Mobilitywithlove.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk and affiliated sites. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.